Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Busy Bees...


I just realized today that it's been over a month since I last posted (if you read my last post, you know that I spend a majority of my day keeping both eyeballs on Parker). Anyway, I just wanted to post and let everyone know that I'm still here but we've just been very busy bees lately. The kids were all out for Thanksgiving break and we had a wonderful time together. I was actually sad to have the kids go back to school. We put up our Christmas decorations on Saturday and have already had two ornaments broken! It's going to be another learning year for Parker. Michael asked me why I don't put the glass ornaments closer to the top of the tree and the truth is that MOST of the ornaments on the tree are glass and that would make it top heavy. I guess we'll just have to learn the hard way. I sat down with Parker yesterday and was watching an old Disney cartoon called Small One. If you haven't seen it, it is a beautiful story about the donkey that carried Mary to Bethlehem. I always cry when I watch that cartoon and Parker was looking at me as if I was crazy (which maybe I am a little). Anyway, I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas season!! Oh, and here is a picture of Parker in front of our "blazing" Christmas tree.

5 comments:

the Carpers said...

Good stuff! I can't rememberhow many ornaments we went thru last year with Ryder... Our tree hasn't been brought in from the wild yet and it is probably for the best of the tree.
His little feet of many colors is so funny! Arent they so creative! If only their moms would realize how cute and darling that will be in a few years! Seriously, I am not this nice to my screaming hollering 2 yr old either! But it sure does make for great memories... right?

Shauna said...

Your tree looks like it's on fire! I also love Small One and you know me, I also cry when I watch it. I have it on a vhs recorded from TV from a long time ago. Me and Ree love it. Charlee did not break any ornaments last year so we'll see what happens this year!

the mccann clan said...

I was beginning to wonder where you went! Glad to hear all is well, and the season is just keeping your brood joyfully busy! :) We're so excited to be staying around here this Christmas - we need the break!

Oh, and your Small One reference reminded me of Moira walking around the house last year at this time singing "Small one, Small one, Small one for sale..." So sweet!

I hope you and yours have a very merry season of Advent. <3

JESSICA said...

How come you don't show pictures of Parker fingerpainting with the diaper's contents?

Katie said...

Hmmm....gosh Jessica..that sounds like a comment that your dad would make! :-)