Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Countdown Day 8...My Children

Parker


Connor (aka Condor)


Devin, Michael and Bryce at the Weird Al concert.



I always knew that when I grew up, I wanted to be a mother. I had my heart set on nothing else other than that of raising a family and although I've been thrown a few curve balls in my life, that aspiration has never changed. So many people have to leave their children with others while they work and I count my blessings everyday that I am able to stay home with my kids. I'm the one that gets to pick them up from school, I'm the one that gets to participate in school functions, I'm the one that gets to teach them their colors, shapes and letters. I LOVE MY JOB!! We have had to sacrifice some things in order for me to be able to stay at home. It hasn't been easy and I know that there will always be some sacrifice involved. I only get one chance to do this and I know that when my children grow up, they will always remember that I was available to be there for them and that means everything to me.
God has not only blessed me with three children of my own, but also saw fit that I should take a hand in helping raise two more of His children. This roll has taught me more patience than I've ever known. I love all of these boys! They are truly special spirits and wonderful kids and I love each of them to pieces!

1 comment:

Kathy Floen said...

Katie-

I loved this! :) I feel exactly how you do with being a stay at home mom. :) It is one of the best jobs in the world! :)