Monday, December 15, 2008

Countdown to Christmas...Day 10


Saturday was the first day that I was actually in the Christmas spirit. This month is just flying by and I've not felt at all like it's Christmas time. On Saturday, it snowed (finally) and it was super cold and I was able to spend the day scrapbooking and listening to Christmas music. It was a very pleasant day. Anyway, I wanted to do a little countdown to Christmas of things that I'm grateful for on my blog. I was originally going to start this on Saturday but I was too busy scrapbooking. I'm going to try to keep up with it but I guess we'll see what happens. So here goes...


Day 10 - I'm grateful for my Savior

I am not one to wear my faith on my sleeve so my comments might be unusual for people to read but that's ok. I am so grateful for my Savior! I am in awe of His unending love! I am truly so thankful for the sacrifice that HE made for me that there are no words that I could say that would thank Him enough. I am so imperfect and rely on His sacrifice everyday. I had a long conversation with Connor on Saturday about the birth of the Savior and explained the symbols of the Christmas star and the gifts that the wise men brought. This was a bit eye opening for him (although it's been told to him before, I think this is the first time it's actually sunk in) and I could see the lights going on in his brain. His birthday is December 27th and he is proud that it's so close to the birth of Jesus. When I first saw this nativity set, I had to have it for 1 reason only. That reason is that I LOVE that Mary is actually holding Jesus! As a mother, that's exactly what I would be doing with my precious baby. Have a blessed day everyone!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

You made me cry. I don't need any more of that. I watched Small One with Char this morning and bawled. I wish I could have been there to scrapbook with you!! I have done nohting. I am still trying to finish making the projects I started in October for gifts.

scrap your heart out with Jen said...

What a beautiful way to commenorate Christmas. If it weren't for Jesus, then there would be no Christmas at all. Love your nativity scene. I have Mary, Jesus and Joseph. I have to hint to hubby I want more of that set. So glad you got to scrapbook on a cold wintry day. I'm sure you created some beautiful memories.
God bless.
Jennifer

the mccann clan said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing your heart - I look forward to the next 9 days!!