Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Political Nonsense...




I've never written before about my deep respect for America. I am so thankful that I've been blessed to be born in such a great country! I'm grateful for the freedoms that me and my family enjoy daily because of the sacrifices of many that came before me. Every soldier, politician and citizen has had a hand in making this country great. I'm thankful for my right to vote and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with our country over the next four years. I did not vote for Obama because our beliefs don't mesh. This is not to say that I will not support him as our new President. I do however believe that as a country we need not get caught up in the theatrics of it all. So far, he has done what every other president before him has done which is to make us promises of change (it may not have been their slogan but it was always promised). I hope that this is what will happen because I think it's what we need at this point in time. This day is historical, however, it's historical every time a new president gets sworn in. So, as a responsible citizen of this country, I will keep my head on straight and be a logical thinker during this time of "Beatle mania". I WANT him to prove me wrong and I WANT him to show me why he should have gotten my vote. He will be my president too so I just want to say... Good Luck President Obama.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I agree 100%

Stacy said...

Well said. I told my husband that I want to vote for him in four years. That will mean some great change has taken place in our nation!

Melissa said...

You said it perfectly!! I agree with you 100% too.

the mccann clan said...

Here, here! :)

JESSICA said...

I agree Aunt Katie. I didn't vote for him either even though i wasn't a fan of Palin's either.