Friday, January 9, 2009

Glue...



I love being able to get on here and write about whatever I want. Today I wanted to talk a little bit about Parker. You've all seen what a mess-maker he is and that's usually what I talk about but today I want to "talk" about how important he is in this family.


He has been my little buddy for the past few weeks and we've had a blast playing games and learning fun things. This little boy is truly a miracle to me. He has a big job in this family and he doesn't even know it! He is literally the glue that has brought my little family (consisting of myself, Michael and Connor) AND Jeff's little family (of himself, Devin and Bryce) TOGETHER. There is a little piece of each one of us in Parker. He is something that we all have in common even when the boys are fighting and Jeff and I are angry at each other. We can all look at Parker as something that we all share. Parker was not planned, at least not by Jeff and myself, to come along so quickly but I can see that our Heavenly Father had other plans. He could see how important Parker would be in helping our family stick together like glue! I am so grateful for this little boy and I love him so much! I remember being disappointed when we had the ultra sound and found out we were adding ANOTHER boy to the family but since that time I can't tell you how thankful I am that Parker is Parker. I don't want to imagine my life without him in it. I am blessed!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

That is such a cute picture of Parker!! Even though I knew you were a wee disappointed when you found out you were having a boy, again, I knew you would love him as much as you would have loved a girl. I can't wait to see him.

I love your new background, too.

the mccann clan said...

Awwm this is a beautiful post, Katie. I love that Parker is your family "glue" and the images brought so many thoughts into my head about what each member of our family is for the 4 (and a half) of us! Thank you for sharing!!

PS - LOVE the pic of him too!