Friday, October 10, 2008

Sweet Happenings at the Vaughan Home...


When Parker was 6 months old, he was given a cd by his Aunt Geri and Uncle Michael that was lullaby versions of hymns. He has listened to that cd every night at bed time since that time. This morning, I woke up and went about my usual routine and then went downstairs to check my email since I hadn't heard Parker stirring yet. As I was on my computer, I heard his cd start to play.He can now reach through the slats of his crib and push the play button, this is how I know he is awake most of the time. I guess it's better that screaming! Anyway, he not only pushed play on the cd player but he started to sing along with it. It was so sweet to sit and listen to my baby sing "I Feel My Savior's Love" to himself. I'm grateful for the beautiful spirit that seems to envelope our home. It's going to be a good day.


6 comments:

Shauna said...

I am having a bad day so this just lifted my spirit. And it make me cry.

nonapearl said...

That is so precious!

Jen said...

That is so sweet! I had a similar experience the other day. I woke to Kayle singing his version of "Happy Birthday Dad". (Reece's birthday isn't until Dec. 3, but apparently he wanted to practice!) Anyway it just really warms your heart and brings a smile to your face when you hear those sweet gentle spirits. It makes you realize how wonderful our lives are, and how wonderful the lord is to us.

the mccann clan said...

Oh, how sweet! How amazing are these precious little lives that are "so fresh from God." Thanks for sharing such a beautiful part of your day!

(One of my favorites from my own kiddos, is when I over-hear Moira explaining something to Ian about how Jesus made that, or did this. No sweeter thing to the ears of a parent!)

Unknown said...

Oh goodness! Im not a mother, but things like this make me so excited for when the day comes...hmm maybe I should start dating..oh well.
M

Rebecca said...

Oh how SWEET! That is something that you should capture on a "My Pages Talk" voice recorder!!! I wish we had those when my older kids were little. My baby will have MANY of them in her albums!!