Saturday, August 9, 2008

Operation Smile


While I was at the CTMH Convention, we found out that CTMH is now making Operation Smile our exclusive charity. We were privileged to meet and hear from the selfless founders of this wonderful charity. Dr. William Magee, a plastic surgeon and his wife Kathleen, a nurse and social worker, started back in 1982 traveling to the Phillipines on a volunteer basis to help children that were born with cleft lips and palates. They are amazing people who have helped change literally thousands of children's lives for the better. On average, it is only about $250 and a 45 minute operation to repair a deformity of this kind. I was so touched by what I saw and heard that I've made a commitment to help at least 2 children have this operation this year. I will now be offering a make-and-take at all of my gatherings and clubs that my customers can make for a small donation to Operation Smile. I made this little box to collect the donations. I hope you'll climb on board with me and help change a child's life.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Beautiful box. I haven't had much mojo lately. It is very depressing. I hope it comes back soon! Take care, and don't worry about the check. I knew you were good for it!