Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Connor's Baptism Day...

Getting ready...






The three Grandmas... Nana (Eric's mom), Grandma Diane (Jeff's mom) and Grammy (my mom)




Changing after the baptism...he is all clean now!



The boys supporting Connor on his day...



Nana and Connor




Grammy and Connor


I have been so excited for Connor's baptism and can't believe that it's already over. The day was just beautiful and Connor was nervous but looking forward to the day. He has quite a phobia of getting his face wet and so I was worried that he pop up before he was dunked and we'd have to do it all over again. Fortunately, with the threat of doing it twice, he did very well with getting his whole body under the water. Jeff did a beautiful job with the baptism and confirmation. I'm so grateful for him and the wonderful job he has done stepping into the roll of Connor's dad. I know that Eric is pleased that these boys have such a great father in their lives. It made me sad that Eric wasn't there physically but I know and felt he was there, watching over his sons, in spirit. I'm grateful for everyone that came to support Connor on his special day. It is one that I'll remember forever.







2 comments:

Shauna said...

I wish I could have come but I will be there in 4 and a half weeks to invade on your family!!! That was nice your mom was able to be there and that Carole went. Of course your post made me cry. Connor and Michael are lucky to have two dads in their lives. One that they carry a part of with them everyday and one to be there physically.

the mccann clan said...

So beautiful, Katie. All of it - the pictures, the sentiment and your precious boy. (You made the pregnant lady cry!!) Many blessings to your sweet little guy and the whole family too!